Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup
Let this delicious soup cook away in the slow cooker… you won’t believe how flavoursome it is!
- 2 chicken breasts (without the skin)
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (or 1 tsp minced garlic)
- 1 X 400g tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 X 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 X 300g jar enchilada sauce or salsa
2 cups chicken stock
- 1 X 30g sachet of taco seasoning
- Sour cream, chopped avocado and corn chips to serve
- Place the chicken, chopped onion, garlic, black beans, diced tomatoes, corn and enchilada sauce (or salsa) into the slow cooker.
- Mix the taco seasoning packet mix into the chicken stock.
- Pour into the slow cooker.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low and then remove and shred the chicken.
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir.
- Leave for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, chopped avocado and corn chips.