This crunchy, homemade Almond, Cranberry and Coconut Oil Granola is the perfect breakfast-on-the-run snack.
Make a big batch of these yummy granola clusters and store them in the fridge or up to one month… a perfect breakfast on the go!
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 cups rolled oats
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Grease and line a 30cm X 20cm baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Roughly chop the almonds and place into a large bowl.
- Add the rolled oats and set aside.
- Place the coconut oil and honey into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds
- Add the brown sugar and stir to combine. Heat for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract and stir.
- Pour the liquid over the rolled oats and almonds and stir to combine.
- Place the granola mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- While it’s cooking, remove the mixture every 10 minutes and stir well.
- With 5 minutes cooking time remaining, add the dried cranberries and stir to combine.
- Remove the granola from the oven and set aside to cool completely. As it sets, it will harden up.
- When the granola is completely cold, break it into large clusters.